Bible Reading Resource: Read, Think, Pray, Live
fossores, 9 years ago 0 1 min read 1986
Interested in reading the Bible? Great! Here’s one of our favorite methods:
Read, Think, Pray, Live by Tony Jones is the best guide available for learning how to pray biblically. This practice is referred to as lectio divina, which is Latin for “sacred reading.” This practice involves a four-step process, spending a few minutes on each step, for praying through a passage of Scripture.
- Read the selected passage.
- Think about the passage, about life, God, others.
- Pray the words of the passage.
- Live—spend the last few minutes in silence, allowing the Holy Spirit to speak.
The book is available for purchase here.
Dr. David McDonald is the teaching pastor at Westwinds Community Church in Jackson, MI. The church, widely considered among the most innovative in America, has been featured on CNN.com and in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and Time Magazine. David weaves deep theological truths with sharp social analysis and peculiar observations on pop culture. He lives in Jackson with his wife, Carmel, and their two kids. Follow him on twitter (@fossores) or online at fossores.com
- Victors and Victims November 6, 2018
- 3 Hacks for Happiness October 29, 2018
- Hope Against Death September 20, 2018
- The Shape Of The Cross September 19, 2018
Leave a Reply